- The terrorist was called "Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab" (Read this name out-loud and use all your God-given intuition and think if a man with this name is more likely to join the jihad than, say, Laura van-Ingram, 80 year old blond woman);
- Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab is a devout moslem;
- Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, a devout moslem, is a 23 year old, single male, a former student in a British University with no apparent source of income;
- Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab is the president of the Islamic Society in the University College London, which organized protests against the United States and United Kingdom. Three previous presidents on the Islamic Society face terrorist charges;
- According to his high-school teacher, little Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab strongly supported Taliban "social policies" and their barbaric destruction of the Buddha Statue;
- Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, a devout moslem, bought a one-way ticket with cash;
- Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, a devout moslem, was going on a trip across the whole planet, and yet he had no luggage with him;
- Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, a devout moslem, previously made a trip to terrorist-infected Yemen;
- Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab, a devout moslem, had his visa denied by the United Kingdom;
- British MI-5 knew of Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab’s UK extremist links, and
most likelyinformed Obama's administration;
- The father of Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab told the Obama-security he was a terrorist threat;
- The CIA had information that Al Qaeda was preparing a terrorist attack against US on the Christmas day, and they planned to use a Nigerian national. Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab is a Nigerian national and a devout moslem;
- Last but not least, Obama administration was informed by the Saudis about the new method that Al Qaeda uses to deliver the explosive devices - by hiding them in the underwear.
And yet, the Obama administration willfully ignored all the warning signs. After all, it's much more fun to spend all time and efforts to push through Congress a deeply unpopular medical care bill than to protect American people from the "man-caused disasters". Heck, even house insulation is a much more exciting and "sexy" topic for Obama than protecting human lives. And don't even mention the Olympic games, Global Warming and the like.
And so, Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab waltzed through security with a bomb glued to his genitals and leisurely boarded the plane. Luckily, when he tried to detonate the explosive device, it malfunctioned, and the white-privileged male from Netherlands was able to put down the fire and the bomber(the lawsuit from CAIR against the Dutch is expected any second now).
So, how did the Obama-team respond to this debacle? Luckily, they did not disappoint the anxious public. Firstly, the top Obama official responsible for protecting the American people, Janet Napolitano, declared that the system worked. Indeed, the volunteer passengers disarmed the terrorist, while her agency (which spends nearly 7 billion dollars a year) sent an email to all air-lines about the incident within the same business day.
The second step was even better - the Obama administration decided to make the air-travel even more uncomfortable for the common folks and ordered that every passenger should be effectively detained in his seat during the last hour of the flight. Moreover, the passengers won't be allowed to hold a book in their hands or cover their knees with a blanket during this time. I am guessing that even convicted murderers (let alone jihadi "freedom fighters") have more rights than American passengers.
The next step that Obama has in stock is to allow airport security to see everyone naked during the boarding (the islamic modesty exclusion rule is expected to shield moslem men and women from the infidels checking them for halal explosive belts).
The question I am asking my readers is obvious - do you feel better about Obama-security of the American people? And if you really believe that "political correctness", "fear to injure the moslem sensitivities" and general inaptness of the Obama administration had nothing to do with this colossal failure to protect American people from jihadism, then I have a whole collection of bridges over the Martian channels that should be of extreme financial interest to you.
What is worse, the same "stuck on stupid" administration will take even more civil rights from Americans, while failing to provide the minimum common sense security measures like racial and ethnic profiling. Why shouldn't we respond to terrorism based on empirical data, while abandoning the policies whose sole purpose is merely to make liberals feel better about themselves?
And while we are at it - the liberals claimed that racial and religious profiling cannot work because of the predicted onslaught of terror bombings by the blond 70 year old Swedish-looking grannies. Now, I've seen a lot of those grannies stripped-searched in the airport, but I haven't heard of any terrorists who were blond, blue eyed 70 year old grannies. If anything, the last few years proved decisively, that the ONLY contingent active in the Al Qaeda suicide movement are either the racial minorities (mostly middle-Eastern) or children of white liberals who have became an easy pray to islamic indoctrination - and who should be easy to spot by the FBI.
Ignoring the reality is a very dangerous proposition - and I hope it's the Obama administration that will pays for it dearly (at the polls in 2010 and 2012) - and not the innocent passengers through utter inconvenience in the hands of the Obama-security, let alone through death in a horrific terrorist attack.So, what exactly do I propose for all progressive people to undertake, so as to to take the country back from the hands of the Obama-regime in the next election cycle? I believe that if conservatives truly want to win the 2010 elections and re-take the Congress, they should seize on every mistake, every stupidity of the liberal establishment and show it to the public. Conservatives have to start banging the heads of the public with a loud message - "Liberals policies are stupid, expensive and dangerous", and the best way is to use time and places, where the failures are obvious.
For example: Conservatives should start putting ads in the airports, which link liberal PC policies (lack of profiling) and pathetic work of federalized airport security with the long wait times, horrible travel and abysmal security.
They could do even one better and say that anyone who likes how the feds deal with airport and flight security, would love Obama-care. Moreover, every ad should have a huge portrait of Obama (example: Obama pointing his finger in the Uncle-Sam style and saying - "I will fail to protect you), so that every time you are stuck in the airport - you enjoy watching his face smiling at you. The power of negative association can work wonders.
Lets take the country back!