Saturday, September 6, 2008

As one dem said, we are all in this together...

We are all in this together, shared sacrifice and shared reward. I am sure you've heard these banalities coming from the liberals many times. Here is a quick question to you. My wife and I work long, long hours. While my job is more theoretical and research oriented, she has to support much more time-sensitive process technology development. She is on call every other week, and some times she is paged at night. And yes, we are in the top 5% of earners, which means we have to pay a lot in taxes.

People in the bottom 20% work at most half the time we work, if even that. Their income mostly comes from the government handouts, their living, medical care, housing is subsidized by the government. They contribute next to nothing to our common social spending - roads, schools, police, military.

And yet, it is us, my wife and I who are called evil and exploiting, while the bottom-feeders are considered righteous victims of oppression. I keep hearing about common sacrifice, common rewards, that we all in this together. Could someone explain to me - just exactly when are the people in the bottom going to start sharing not only my rewards, but also my sacrifice? When will they start putting in at least 50 hours of work every week?

Oh, never mind, I was just kidding. Silly me. It will never happen.

No comments: